Who should take this test?
Though a part of the body that many people know little about, the thyroid plays a major part in daily wellness.
Both hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism — too much thyroid activity and too little thyroid activity, respectively — are cause for concern. Because your thyroid controls much of your metabolism, which plays a vital role in your overall health, it’s important to monitor thyroid function, as it is estimated that up to twelve percent of the population in the United States will develop thyroid disease during their lifetime. That’s almost fifteen million people who have thyroid problems that affect their metabolism and are unaware.
Anybody can experience thyroid issues but some people are more susceptible than others:
- Women (up to 10 times more likely than men to have thyroid disorder)
- People with a family history of thyroid issues
- Adults aged 50+
- Individuals with Type 1 Diabetes
- Women who have been pregnant within the past 6 months
- People being treated with lithium for six months or more
- Those with iodine exposure or deficiency
- People who have been exposed to radiation therapy, especially around the neck
There are many possible symptoms you may notice if you have hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism:
Common signs of hypothyroidism
If your thyroid is under-producing, you may experience ongoing symptoms including:
- Sluggishness & Fatigue
- Weight Gain
- Muscle Weakness, Aches, Tenderness
- Cold Sensitivity
- Mental Fogginess
- Irregular or Heavier Than Normal Periods
- Dry Skin & Thinning Hair
- Low Blood Sugar
- High Cholesterol
Common signs of hyperthyroidism:
If your thyroid is overactive you may experience symptoms like:
- Unexpected or Unusual Weight Loss
- Rapid Heartbeat
- Increased Appetite
- Nervousness & Anxiousness
- Shaking or Trembling
- Frequent Sweating
- Heat Sensitivity
- More Frequent Bowel Movements
- Swelling in the Neck from Enlarged Thyroid
- Sleep Difficulty
How It Works
- Order at-home Thyroid test, have it delivered to your doorstep.
- Complete simple blood spot sample collection and return via pre-paid shipping label.
- An independent board-certified physician will review your results.
- Once verified, you’ll receive your results on our secure platform within just days.